This all of course is incredibly encouraging. One of the scariest things about West Nile is that the things we read said that some of the symptoms may never leave. So you're wondering in the back of your mind, "what will we do if these symptoms continue?" What will happen to our family? To my ministry? On and on. Fear and worry. Same old enemies, new situation.
Over the last five weeks my fears and worries have been helped by the cards that you have sent as well as by Bible passages. A recent favorite is Exodus 15, which paints a picture of God that is mind-blowing. It makes you stand in awe of his power, the kind of power that can suspend waves in mid-air and take down the world's super power (see the previous chapter). But my favorite verse of the chapter is verse 13 – "in your unfailing love you will lead the people you have redeemed. in your strength you will guide them to your holy dwelling." Seriously, talk about assurance. An all-powerful God with unfailing love and faithfulness!? Awesome. You would think they would feel invincible. You would guess that the people were never afraid or worried ever again.
But you would be wrong. Verse 22 says that after three days in the desert they had lost faith. Just three days. Three days after seeing the waters part and their oppressors drowned. That encouraged me that I am not alone in my foolish fears and worries. But what encouraged me the most was the 21 verses before that that celebrated God's unstoppable strength and faithfulness and his commitment to care for his people no matter what.
It made me think of this great song that you need to hear if you haven't already: https://m.youtube. com/watch?v=PCVLh4ASo6Q. The song is right that there is never a reason to worry or fear since we have the passionate commitment of our Father in heaven.
And here's another verse to the hymn "my Jesus I love Thee" that I wrote laying in my bed a few weeks ago:
Today it's still early but fear's taking hold
the waves are so wild that I forgot who's in my boat
I have the Champion who always wins his fights
so I have nothing to fear cause I have Jesus Christ
I'm so excited about the progress, thanks to all of you for praying and caring,
Casey
That is SO good to hear! Our family is praying along with yours, and we have been very encouraged by how you are clinging to the Lord faithfully through all of this. -Ruthie Archer
ReplyDeletePraise the Lord!! So good to hear you are seeing continued progress and your sensitivities are decreasing. I'm so thankful your kids are home with you right now to enjoy being with you :). Continuing to pray for full healing.
ReplyDelete