Friday, December 2, 2016

You make me feel like dancing


Quick update for today-- Casey is continuing to find relief from staying in bed laying flat.  The dizziness & hallucinations were there all day.  He said it's kinda like taking all the memories he's had in his life up until now, tossing it all in a blender, and then seeing the weird mix of memories that come back out--- but they all get shot at him at lightning speed.  So odd-- and not fun.  Strumming the uke helps him be able to focus, and yet keep his eyes closed & resting.  We are now two days out from migraines, so for that we are very grateful!  And just patiently waiting for healing while he rests & passes the time.  He keeps eating well & overall feels like there is improvement.  Just little teeny bits of improving each day.
-----------------------------------
Last Saturday a sweet friend called & asked if she could hold a prayer vigil outside our home that night.  I was grateful & agreed-- but then immediately forgot about it.

That eve I came through the living room where my 2 y.o. was fiercely breaking it down to his Go Fish music.  I did a quick move with him for a second but then walked through to the kitchen to work on Casey's dinner tray.  Within seconds L had chased me down & was begging me, "Dance ah-me!  Dance ah-me!"

Suddenly I realized I couldn't remember the last time I had let it go and had fun with the kids.  The hour before I had received the latest news on the West Nile positive test and had a few tears.  And this sweet boy needed his fun momma back.

I set down the food & took his tiny hand.  As we ran I realized exercise had not happened in over a week...so I resolved myself to dance hard.  It was an amazing, sweaty 5 minutes of letting it all go.  I got creative & made up my own move (first time since the age of 4) --- it involved skiing moves (from the girl that can't ski) & pumping arms.  And maybe some head banging (that's not a thing any more, is it?!)  Other than the insecure moment I felt for a second at the beginning-- wondering if there could be people walking by my house that would look in my living room window -- Stop it, this is your insecure teenage self talking to you.  Just dance, girl!  

As the song ended & I caught my breath, I looked out the window quickly--- and was mortified to see a face.  I swung back to take a closer look...I know those 2 faces!!  And it looks like there are more....I slowly went into the next room to get a better look. (Slow movements so they wouldn't see me...ha.)  Oy, there were a lot of people standing right outside the front of my house in the dark--- heads down & praying.  I still have no idea how many, it was a blur -- 10, 20? Who knows.  SO sweet.  SO amazing.  Amazing friends from our church banding together to pray & ask for my husband's healing.  Aigh, but why did I have to forget?  This was the first dance party this fall/winter--- and I just had to choose this night.

I resisted the urge to army crawl back across the living room...and instead sprinted across out of view.  My only hope was that everyone in that group had their head down in true, fervent prayer....eyes tightly closed. No matter that Linc had turned up the bass a bit & they could probably hear it over their prayers.

Case couldn't stop laughing when I told him.  Every time I checked on him he would ask me to show him yet another move that I had done for the crowd....and he would lose it as he rolled around in bed laughing.  I told him I was glad I could make his night better -- since up until then life had been fairly miserable...it made it worth the sacrifice.

Every pastor's wife accidentally dances in front of a prayer vigil sometime, right? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption- the news that's hard to share

           Many of you knew this was coming, some of you might find this to be a surprise.  Casey & I have pursued this passion for s...