Wednesday, December 7, 2016

this week

Wow, I did not meant to get so behind on an update....

Casey continues to improve each day, but it is also very slow.  Typically he'll be up out of bed a few times a day for about 5-15 minutes, depending on how crazy the environment is.  When the kids are around, he can usually only handle being out with all of them for just bits of time-- and then he'll need to go back to bed.  In those moments he'll often hold his head & says that it feels like his head is throbbing, feeling like he's been at a crazy-loud rock concert for hours.  He's learning to listen to his body better and anticipate his limitations better, so that he can lay back down before anything gets too intense.  In the past week Case feels like he's overall just getting back more energy & is feeling better.  Though he must stay in the dark most of the day, when he's feeling well he continues to enjoy playing his uke & composing music.  It has been such a gift to help him pass the time & focus on God & worship.  Today he shared that it can be lonely, too-- sleeping & resting one's life away & not being able to spend much time with his family is hard.  

We were absolutely elated to get little L back yesterday!  He had a blast staying with family in Illinois, & they were so very good to him.  By the end we had kids crying up here from missing him, L was crying, and this momma was shedding tears as well...and Case was sadly composing a lullaby for him.  I drove down on Tuesday, and they were so kind to meet me.  It feels wonderful to have the family back together again.  Though L brings his own little version of crazy toddler madness to the mix, we couldn't be more happy to have him back here with us. 

This week I've hit a bit of a wall emotionally & physically--- too many almost-sleepless weeks were hitting me fairly hard.  It was feeling like an illness was coming on, and I realized that I could NOT be down for the count yet--- so I've dropped everything and worked more on trying to sleep more.  It's been good, and much needed. And yes, this is late as I write this....I'm going to bed very soon. :)

Please know that we truly do appreciate all of the ways you have reached out, called, & offered to visit.  For now, Casey has not been doing visitors-- just because the noise & conversation drains him & he tries to save his energy for the day so he can get some time in with the kids when they come from school.  All of the kind words of encouragement you have sent via letters & emails have been amazing--- Casey loves reading them when he's feeling well.  Thank you so much for the amazing ways you have loved on him! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Adoption- the news that's hard to share

           Many of you knew this was coming, some of you might find this to be a surprise.  Casey & I have pursued this passion for s...